MAPS & PLATS GIS DIVISION
ANNEXATION, DISCONNECTION & VACATION ORDINANCE
REVIEW POLICIES & PROCEDURES
This document is a guideline to inform preparers of the policies and procedures used to review and approve Ordinances presented to our office. We strive to always have someone in the office to approve plats but due to unavoidable circumstances there may be a vacancy. You are encouraged to call ahead to ensure we can accommodate your Ordinance approval or email the document to email@example.com for a review prior to making the trip to our office.
Annexation/Disconnection Ordinance Checklist (765 ILCS 205/1.02)
- Plat with a legal description sufficient to identify the boundaries of the annexed or disconnected territory, by reference to government surveys or by metes and bounds, including the section, township and range in which the territory is located. (A lot in a subdivision will not be accepted)
- Plat must be prepared and signed by a Registered Land Surveyor or Municipal Engineer registered under the laws of the State of Illinois.
Vacation Ordinance Checklist (765 ILCS 205/9)
- Sufficient legal description to identify the boundaries of the vacated road/alley.
- Instructions on how the vacated area will be apportioned to adjacent property. (Optional)
- Plat/exhibit of vacated area. (Optional but recommended)