|Our Occupatinal Training Services are grant funded by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL). This program is called the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is landmark legislation (USDOL) that is designed to strengthen and improve our nation's public workforce system and help get Americans, including youth and those with significant barriers to employment, into high-quality jobs and careers and help employers hire and retain skilled workers.|
What is WIOA?
WIOA stands for Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act
WIOA is designed to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and to match employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy.
What are your eligibility requirements?
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Compliance with Military Selective Service Requirement for males 18 years or older
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Must meet low income guidelines OR receive benefits such as SSI, TANF or SNAP
Dislocated Worker Program
- Laid off or terminated from an employer
- Eligible, receiving, or exhausted Unemployment Benefits OR
- Displaced Homemaker OR
- Spouse of a member of the Armed Forces, who lost employment or became underemployed due to relocation OR
- Trade Impacted worker certified by a Department of Labor petition
- Be at least 17 through the age of 24
- Meets low income guidelines OR meets one or more barriers such as high school dropout, subject to the justice system, basic skills deficient, homeless, pregnant or parenting or disability.
Do I have to pay back any of the WIOA grant funds?
No, the WIOA grant funds do not have to be repaid.
I think I may be eligible. Where do I go to learn more?
On this website, you can complete the WIOA Inquiry Form or you can contact your local Southwestern Illinois Center for information and to sign up for an orientation.
There are offices in Wood River, Greenville, and Jerseyville. Click HERE for office addresses and phone numbers.
Or email: email@example.com
How often do you have an Educational Training Workshop?
Educational Training Workshops are conducted at least twice a month virtually via Zoom.
To schedule a Zoom appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call your preferred office.
Wood River office – (618) 296-4301
Greenville office – (618) 545-3473
Jerseyville office – (618) 498-1778
What steps will I have to go through before potentially being approved for WIOA tuition assistance?
Getting screened by for initial eligibility is the first step. Complete the online WIOA Inquiry Form or call our office to get screened. If you are initially eligibile for the program, you will be invited to attend an Educational Training Workshop. The workshop will cover the remaining process, checklist, assessments, and required documentations to be completed. You will be assigned to a Career Specialist that will walk you through the process and assist you in determining your new career choice.
What kinds of training opportunities are available?
Primarily certificate programs or two-year associate degree programs in a growing field or industry. Our office has a local school list of program offerings or you may access the state provider website at: https://iwds.dceo.illinois.gov/iwds/iwdshome.html