Written by an experienced family member mental health professional, NAMI Basics teaches the fundamentals of caring for you, your family and your child with mental illness. NAMI Basics is a 6-week series of classes that will cover ADHD, Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, Schizophrenia and Substance Abuse Disorders; coping skills such as handling crisis and relapse; basic information about medication use in the treatment of mental illness in children; listening and communication techniques; problem solving skills; and an overview of the mental health and school systems roles in treating children with mental illness.
NAMI BASICS CLASS
For more information and/or to have your name added to a wait list for a class to be announced sometime in the near future, call the NAMI SWI office, (618) 798-9788, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course is designed for parents and other caregivers of youth and adolescents living with a mental health condition. The course offers vital information regarding medication, diagnosis, communication skills, coping skills, educational rights for your child and much more!!
NAMI Basics is a wonderful experience! It balances basic educational and skill training with emotional support, self-care and empowerment. We hope parents and caregivers of children and adolescents with mental illness take advantage of this unique opportunity.
NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a 9-week education course on the topic of recovery for any person with serious mental illness who is interested in establishing and maintaining wellness. The course uses a combination of lecture, interactive exercise and structured group processes. Along with the diversity of experience among course participants, this affords for a lively dynamic that moves the course along. Peer-to-Peer is taught by teams of three trained “mentors” or peer teachers, who are themselves experienced at living well with mental illness.
NAMI PEER-TO-PEER EDUCATION CLASS
For more information and/or to have your name added to a wait list for a class to be announced sometime in the near future, call the NAMI SWI Office at (618) 798-9788 or email email@example.com. There is no charge for the Peer-to-Peer class. Pre-registration is required.
Peer-to-Peer offers adults living with mental illness information and education on medication, communication skills, coping skills, community resources, relapse prevention information and much more! More about Peer-to-Peer from NAMI.org
NAMI Family-to-Family is a 8-week family education program designed to foster learning, healing, and empowerment among family members and close friends of individuals with serious brain disorders (mental illnesses). These include major depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, OCD, anxiety disorders and post traumatic stress disorder.
There is no cost for this course and is a must for any family member or close friend of a loved one who suffers from one of these severe and persistent illnesses. The course meets one time a week for 2 and ½ hours for 8 weeks. The course includes coping skills such as handling crisis and relapse; basic information about medications; listening and communication techniques; problem-solving skills; recovery and rehabilitation; and self-care.
NAMI FAMILY-TO-FAMILY CLASS
For more information and/or to have your name added to a wait list for a class to be announced sometime in the near future, call the NAMI SWI Office at (618) 798-9788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no charge for the Family-to-Family program. However, pre-registration is required. Classes are funded by the St. Clair and Madison County Mental Health Boards and United Way of Greater St. Louis.
NAMI FAMILY-TO-FAMILY EDUCATION CLASSES FORMING NOW!!
Family-to-Family Classes meet for eight consecutive weekly sessions.
- Mondays beginning September 12th at 6:30-8:30 PM until October 31st at:
Emmanuel Church of the Nazarene
8201 Old St. Louis Rd.
Belleville, IL 62223
- Classes fill quickly, so please call the NAMI SWI office at (618) 798-9788 or email email@example.com to register.
- The course will be taught by Paul and Diane Borawski.
- Email Diane Borawski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this upcoming class. More about Family-to-Family from NAMI.org
De Familia-a-Familia es un programa de educación para familiares y amigos de personas que tienen enfermedades mentales severas. Impartido por miembros de la familia de NAMI capacitados, este programa ofrece información crítica y estrategias relacionadas con la esquizofrenia, el trastorno bipolar (depresión maníaca), depresión mayor, trastorno obsesivo-compulsivo y trastorno de pánico.
De Familia-a-Familia es un programa gratis de 12 semanas de educación familiar que esta diseñado para fomentar el conocimiento, sanación, y empoderamiento entre los familiares y amigos cercanos de personas con trastornos del cerebro o enfermedades mentales. Para inscribirse, por favor llamen al (618) 798-9788.
NAMI Homefront is a free, 6-session educational program for families, caregivers and friends of military service members and vets with mental health conditions. Based on the nationally recognized NAMI Family-to-Family program, NAMI Homefront is designed to address the unique needs of family, caregivers and friends of those who have served or are currently serving our country. The program is taught by trained family members of service members/veterans living with mental health conditions.
NAMI Homefront teaches you how to:
- Manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Learn to care for yourself, including managing your stress
- Develop the confidence and stamina to support your family member with compassion
- Identify and access federal, state and local services
- Stay informed on the latest research and information on mental health, including post-traumatic stress disorder and substance abuse
- Understand current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- Navigate the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on the entire family
NAMI HOMEFRONT REGISTRATION
- NAMI Homefront Class is an online class only!
- For more information about NAMI Homefront Online Classes contact Peter Dodge at (734) 330-6776.
- Register Online by clicking this link: https://www.research.net/r/homefrontonline or Call the Office for more information and to register for this virtual online class.
- Homefront is similar to Family-to-Family, but specially designed for military-connected families.
- Download the Online Homefront Flyer
- NAMI SWI Office: (618) 798-9788 or email: email@example.com
- There is no charge for the NAMI Homefront Class.