Administrative Casework

Administrative Case Work provides Veterans, Service Members, and their immediate families various local, state, and federal benefit-related filings through the Federal Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA). Most notably, these filings include service-connected compensation and pension claims, as well as burial and health care benefits.

Most notably are filings for VA Health Care, Service-Connected Compensation and Pension and Aid and Attendance (A&A) Benefits.

Click the below links if you are NOT a Madison County, IL resident and are looking for Administrative Case Work Assistance in your geographical area:

IMPORTANT - If you are needing to check on the status of your VA claim, appeal or decision, please use one of the below methods provided by the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs (VA):

Those in need of Administrative Casework should call 618-296-4554 or email to schedule an appointment, so a time can be reserved to specifically address your needs.

Prior to attending a scheduled appointment it is highly encouraged that you set up a account provided by the VA at

All walk-ins for casework will be scheduled for a future appointment as appropriate.

In limited situations, if your work hours do not allow you to make a casework appointment during normal VAC business hours, staff can make arrangements to open the office outside of normal hours or complete a phone and/or video appointment. If you are housebound, staff can also arrange to meet at your home or living facility. 

Bus Tokens are available for Madison County, IL Transit to get to and from scheduled VAC casework appointments for those lacking transportation.

Administrative Casework:

Documentation Typically Needed to Assist in Administrative Casework:

Education and Training Associations and Accreditations:

Contact Us:

If you are or know of a local Veteran, Veteran Family, Unremarried Widow, or Surviving Spouse of a Veteran or an Adult Disabled Children of a Veteran who was disabled prior to the age of 18 in need of assistance or services, please contact the Veterans' Assistance Commission (VAC) at 618-296-4554 or via email at

Crisis Response:

The VAC is NOT a Crisis Response Agency or Medical Provider. See below to contact a Crisis Response Agency.

Any Veterans in Active Crisis or in need of immediate Medical Attention should call 911, go to the nearest Emergency Room and/or call 988 to reach the National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.