VA Vet Center/VAC Weekly Veteran Outreach:
- Co-hosted Weekly VA Vet Center/VAC Community Veteran Outreach Group
3rd Thursday @ 10:00 a.m. at Hickory Grove Restaurant - 201 East Center Drive, Godfrey, IL 62035
- DAV Transportation Network - Transporting Veterans to and from scheduled VA appointments.
- Student Educational Support Activities - In-partnership with local Veteran Service Organizations, School Districts and the Regional Office of Education. Please visit your local Veterans Service Organizations for information, availability and eligibility.
Find a Local Veterans Service Organization (VSO) to get involved with.
- Adult Protective Services - Southwestern Illinois Visiting Nurse Association (SIVNA)
- Burial of Indigent Veterans and their Families
- Clothing, Furniture and School Supplies
- Education and Training Benefits (Local Colleges and Universities - Assistance Offices)
- Illinois Departments of Healthcare & Family Services and Human Services (ABE)
- Illinois Armed Forces Legal Aid Network
- Illinois Attorney General
- Illinois Department of Veterans' Affairs (IDVA)
- Illinois Department of Veterans' Affairs - Veterans' Lottery Ticket Cash Grant
- Illinois Joining Forces Foundation
- Madison County Chief County Assessment Office
- Madison County Community Development
- Madison County Employment and Training
- Madison County Food Pantries
- Madison County Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program
- Madison County Recorder
- Madison County Veterans’ Court
- Madison County TRIAD
- Marine Toys for Tots
- Oasis Women's Center
- Quilts of Valor
- Rebuilding Together - Wheelchair Ramp Initiative
- Riverbend Family Ministries
- SIU School of Dental Medicine
- Songs for Soldiers
- Township Officials of Illinois
- VA / DAV Van Medical Appointment Transportation Program (These are NOT VAC Programs or Services)
If you are or know of a local Veteran, Veteran Family, Unremarried Widow, or Surviving Spouse of a Veteran or an Adult Disabled Children of a Veteran who was disabled prior to the age of 18 in need of assistance or services, please contact the Veterans' Assistance Commission (VAC) at 618-296-4554 or via email at email@example.com
The VAC is NOT a Crisis Response Agency or Medical Provider. See below to contact a Crisis Response Agency.
- Emergency dial 911 or 988
- Centerstone 24/7 Crisis Response - dial 855-608-3560
- Chestnut Health Systems 24/7 Crisis Response - dial 618-877-0316
- VA Mental Health Services has a variety of mental health resources, information, treatment options, and more all accessible to Veterans, Veterans’ supporters, and the general public.